18 October, 2010

"Now I eat Quail..."


Jay Z is a hero of mine. He has courage and vision. And now he is telling his story.


Neil Armstrong is the tour DJ for Jay Z (I think). The mix is a real nice trip through the history of Jay Z, peppered with his musical influences and other fine lovely things. He's a real good DJ. Like fuck, this mix is real fun. And 'wise' I would say too.

Art: Rick Amor, The off ramp, 2007 .. Rick is an Aussie that loves New York .. Like Jay Z .. Except Jay Z is not an Australian unfortunately for him haha .. Thankfully he's genius anyhoo

(ps. I don't know if Jay Z intended this in his lyrics, but the second sense of the word Quail is to "feel or show fear or apprehension" (OED) .. well, intention is irrelevant I guess .. Jay Z is rich in instinct in any case)

(pps. I wonder what the backstory is to the Maison Martin Margiela reference in this mix .. I bet its fucking funny)

No comments:

Post a Comment